In today’s world, WhatsApp is the most popular and convenient mode of instant-messaging. It has become the most desired choice for many smartphone users. But in the situation when your phone’s battery is low, and you have put it on the charge, or your phone is not available for use, you might find yourself confined with no access to your WhatsApp messages, what then? Well, in that case, your last resort is WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web is a fast and smooth way to manage your WhatsApp messages on a computer or laptop. It allows you to run WhatsApp from your web browser.
What you need to run WhatsApp Web?
Generally, it’s an easy process if you have the basic required items available. Here’s the list of things you will need-
- A phone (iPhone or Android) with a functioning back camera
- A PC or laptop with any web browser, like Google Chrome
- A stable internet for both your smartphone and Computer.
- The latest version of WhatsApp
There are several features of WhatsApp available in the mobile version but unavailable on the WhatsApp web. To run and use WhatsApp on your PC, you have to connect it through your mobile phone.
WhatsApp Web is, in fact, a replica or reflector of all WhatsApp activities on your phone. If you send a message from your phone, you can also see it on your WhatsApp Web. But in the situation when your phone doesn’t get a message due to an unstable internet connection or if it’s switched off, then you won’t get messages on your WhatsApp Web either.
This is subordinate to other instant messaging apps, but in some forms, this feature also makes the app more secure and convenient.
Steps to setup the WhatsApp web:
Once you have the items available to you, establishing WhatsApp Web is an easy task.
- Start the browser on your computer and access this link web.whatsapp.com
- Start WhatsApp on your mobile phone, open Menu > WhatsApp Web to activate the QR code scanner
- Show your phone’s back camera to the QR code visible on your Computer display
- Scan QR code through the back camera
- After scanning the QR code, it will connect both
What can you do on WhatsApp Web?
- Easy typing as you can use your keyboard
- Easy access to media (photos, videos, audios)
- You can download any media and have easy straight to your computer
- Start a new chat with any person from your contact list, or search for recent/past chats
- See contact details
- Create and chat on new or existing group chats, and view group details
- Attach various computer networks to your smartphone and keep them for future use. You can also disconnect any browser from your phone even if you are at a remote area
- On or off the feature for receiving or removing text signals and sounds
- You can also share media, documents, and contacts
- You can also send emoticons, GIFs, and stickers
- You can access WhatsApp Status updates from the people who are in your contact list
- Choose various texts at a time and resend or clear them
- Respond, resend, star/highlight, or delete chats
- Edit your profile picture
WhatsApp Web Limitations:
- You can’t send a WhatsApp Broadcast
- You can’t make or get WhatsApp Voice and Video calls
- You can’t post an update of new WhatsApp Status
- You will be unable to send maps or your current location
- You can’t edit media download settings of your
- WhatsApp account, so all pictures and other media files sent to you are saved in an automatic way
- You can’t run two browsers at the same time.
- Youcan attach various web browsers to your phone’s WhatsApp account, but can only run a single browser at a time.
- Settings are restricted to notifications by WhatsAppWeb and chat wallpapers.
You can run various accounts with the help of WhatsApp Web on one PC or tablet.
Some users have two different numbers connected with two separate WhatsApp accounts. WhatsApp web allows you to run both of them on a single computer.
To run two accounts at a time, you need to access the WhatsApp Web link in two separate web browsers, such as Google Chrome and Firefox. Incognito window also helps you to access the WhatsApp web, but the problem is that it runs out after every hour.
The major reason for using WhatsApp Web by so many people is the facility it gives, such as comfortable typing.
If you need to join in lengthy discussions with anyone, it’s more comfortable to type on the keyboard. It also operates with WhatsApp business, and you’ll be happy to know that you can manage various clients through it.
Another plus point is that you can also apply keyboard shortcuts. The most helpful two shortcuts are Ctrl + Shift + [ it helps you to go to the earlier chat and Ctrl + Shift + ], which helps you to go to the following chat.
Is WhatsApp Web Safe?
In the beginning, it was criticized for the absence of safety and security. For improving WhatsApp launch the feature of end-to-end encryption for all chats. This feature is available on WhatsApp Web as well.
However, it’s a beneficial approach to use the best safety modes for WhatsApp and understand any security concerns for your pictures on the WhatsApp, whether you’re managing it on the web browser or your smartphone. For instance, if you have to operate WhatsApp Web on a different PC or laptop, then you should always use the incognito window for such situations.
If you are running WhatsApp Web on your computer, tablet, or laptop, you can stay logged in.
But if you are accessing it on someone else’s laptop or tablet, then you should always log out from your browser. We advise you to do this on both devices, such as the computer and your smartphone.
- For logging out of WhatsApp Web from PC, tap Menu > Log out.
- From logging out of WhatsApp Web from all means or devices that connect with your smartphone, tap Menu > WhatsApp Web > Log out from all devices.
Process of installing WhatsApp on your computer
Instead of logging in through the web browser, WhatsApp now also allows downloading the app from accessing this link ‘whatsapp.com/download’ on the user’s desktop. After opening the given link, you need to select the green Download button and download the installer folder, then get that file in your ‘Download files’ folder and double-click it to install the app.
If you download this file on your Windows PC, to access the app, you simply need to follow the steps given in the installer. If you are a Mac user, you need to move the WhatsApp icon to your Applications folder, then you need to open the WhatsApp desktop app there. Similar to the process of opening it on the web browser, you’ll need to scan the QR code through the camera of your smartphone. You will stay logged in to WhatsApp in this app until you choose to log out.
Read more-Browser Homepage Setup