There are many web browsers and all the with many versions. Internet browsers are used in different types of devices, including laptops, desktops, mobiles, and tablets. If you are using an Android mobile phone, you can set the browser home page (Content://com.android.browser.home/).
You can access the home page for search engines, email clients, free online games website, and social media websites. The process of changing the home page setup is different for different browsers. In this article, we will discuss how to change the home page set up for most used web browsers. Also, we have discussed the methods of setting home page in your Android mobile phone, Content://com.android.browser.home/.
Browser Homepage Setup on An Android Phone
Have you heard about Content://com.android.browser.home/? Or Do you have any Android mobile phone? If you have, then someday, you must be required to change the default home page of a browser. That’s why you need to know about it’s changing procedure. Different types of web browsers are available, which you can use as your Android mobile browsers such as Brave Browser, Dolphin Browser, Ecosia browsers, Firefox Browser, and the most popular Google Chrome.
How to Set the Homepage on Google Chrome?
If you want to set the Chrome browser home page on your android device, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to the top-right corner and click the three-dot, scroll to the settings option, and choose that.
- Choose the ‘Home page’ option, click the ‘ON’ toggle button that displays on the Home page.
- Search Chrome://flags/ in the browser; after that, it will start as an experiment page.
- Search ‘Force Enable Home Page’ and then enable that page.
- Repeat Step1 and Step2 to check the home page option again.
- Click ‘Open This Page’ and then paste or type the URL and save it.
- Open Google Chrome again, and you will see the home page setting has been done successfully.
How to Set the Homepage on Mozilla Firefox?
Follow these mentioned steps to set up your Mozilla Firefox browser on your android phone:
- On your Android device, open the Mozilla browser.
- Go to the top right side and click the three-dot, then open settings option.
- In the device settings, choose the general option.
- Open the ‘Home page’ option and choose ‘Set a Homepage.’
- Select ‘Custom’ and enter the URL to set the default Homepage.
- Click ‘OK’ and close the Mozilla browser.
- Open Mozilla Firefox again, and you will see the home page setting has been done successfully.
Browser Homepage Setup in PC & Laptop
Mostly used web browser is Google Chrome. However, other web browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera e.t.c. Almost all the browsers allow you to change the homepage setup to any of your favorite websites. Whenever you open that browser, the home page of it opens with that default website. Moreover, it also can act as a secondary bookmark.
How to Set-up Homepage in Mozilla Firefox?
- Open the browser and go the top-right corner and click the three-dashed icon.
- After that, scroll to ‘Option’ and click it.
- On the left menu bar, select ‘Home.’
- Just under the ‘Homepage and new windows’ text, go to the ‘Homepage and new windows’ setting.
- Click the dropdown and choose ‘Custom URLs.’
- After making these points, you can set your home page in Firefox in 3 different ways. Those are:
- There is a blank text box; you can just paste or type the website URL in that space.
- For setting multiple home pages in Firefox, you have to select one or multiple websites from the ‘Use Current Pages’
- By using the ‘Use Bookmark’ option, you can set a website as a bookmark.
How to Setup Homepage in Microsoft Edge?
Here is a method of changing the home page in Microsoft Edge. The methods of setting the website that opens each time when you launch Edge are:
- On the Edge browser, go to the upper-right corner, click the three-dotted menu, and choose ‘Settings.’
- From the left menu bar, select ‘On startup,’ then choose ‘Open a specific page or pages.’
- Either you can select ‘Add a new page,’ or you can also choose ‘Use all open tabs’ to make the open websites to home pages.
- Fill the blank text box with the website URL you want to set as your home page, and click the ‘Add’ button.
Methods of Setting Homepage in Safari?
From the ‘General’ preference screen in Safari, you can change the home page in any Windows or Mac machine.
- Go to the ‘Edit’ menu and click ‘Preferences’ if you are in Windows. If you are using Mac, then go to ‘Safari’ then click ‘Preferences.’
- Then go to the ‘General’ tab.
- You can either enter the website URL in the ‘Homepage’ text box or choose the ‘Set to Current page’ option.
How to Setting-up A Homepage in Google Chrome?
In Google Chrome, the homepage refers to two things. You can enable the home button of Chrome, and then a specific website is tied up with it, whenever you select that browser, that home page will open. In another way, a specific website can also be considered as the home page that opens when Chrome starts first. A home page is not necessarily required, but if you often visit the same site every time, you can set that as your home page browser.
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, then you can follow the below written steps for setting up the default homepage. Through the setting option, you can change the home page. You can set a default page that opens when you open Chrome. Also, this browser has a dedicated home button, and it works a bookmark after enabling it.
The Process to Configure A Page That Will Open Each Time You Start Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and select the menu button at the top right side of Chrome, then select the ‘Settings’ option.
- After opening the settings page, go to the ‘On startup’ section, then select the radio button of ‘Open a specific page or set of pages.’
- When the ‘Add a new page’ popup will open, enter the URL and click the ‘Add’ button. Besides, you can also choose ‘Use current pages’ that will automatically add all the URLs you have previously opened in Chrome. You can easily remove any websites that you don’t like to use as your home page.
The other way to set up Chrome’s home page:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option and scroll to the ‘Appearance’ section.
- Confirm that the ‘Show home button’ is enabled.
- Just below the Show home button, select the second text field option, and type the website URL that you want to open as a home page.
So choose your favorite browser, download and install that from Play store. Moreover, if you wish to set the default home page in that browser, then follow the steps that we have described. After setting up the browser home page in your Android device, you can enjoy the browsing facility with your preferable homepage ( Content://com.android.browser.home/ ).
I hope you will like this page as I provide the info about content://com.android.browser.home/. If you have any question about this page, you can leave your comment below:
Thank you ! have a nice day!